- U.S. congregations are generally improving financially. However, those with older attendees and those whose clergy are uninformed about congregational giving are experiencing the greatest challenges
- Despite overall positive trends in fundraising receipts, pledges, and budgeting in 2011, the majority of congregations’ revenues have not kept pace with inflation in recent years
- Changes in average congregational gift size and the number of donors are the main drivers of fundraising success
- Congregations are increasing their budgets in the areas of missions and revenue-generating activity
- Congregations have more work to do in the area of educating congregations on financial planning and charitable giving
- The majority of congregations employ some type of electronic giving
If you would like excellent stewardship resources delivered
to your inbox please subscribe to StewardNet by visiting ELCA Growing Stewards.