The 2022 ELCA Churchwide Assembly will will take place in Columbus, Ohio, Aug. 8-12, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, with the theme, Embody the Word.
The ELCA Churchwide Assembly is the primary decision-making body of the church. Over the course of the assembly, voting members:
- Hear reports and review the work of churchwide officers, leaders and units;
- Receive and consider proposals from synod assemblies;
- Elect officers, board members and other leaders as specified by the constitution or bylaws;
- Establish ELCA churchwide policy;
- Worship together;
- Adopt a budget; and
- Conduct other business related to the ELCA churchwide organization.