Christmas decorations are going up, Christmas songs can be heard at the store, Christmas cards are being mailed, so I guess you know what time of year it is…
It’s time to plan for Lent.
You should have recently received the “Action Guide for Congregations” from ELCA World Hunger.
This guide has lots of ideas of ways we can achieve the goal that ELCA Congregations raise 2 million dollars this Lent to fight hunger.
There are several new resources available this year.
If for some reason, you didn’t receive your guide, or can’t find it, download it here.
On page 5 of the “Action Guide” is a clear explanation of the “ELCA World Hunger’s 40 Days of Giving.”
This is the simple outline for how to participate:
- Set a goal for how much your congregation can raise for World Hunger during Lent.
- Register online to receive special support, including devotional and education resources. http://www.elca.org/40days
- Raise funds for World Hunger. There are lots of ideas on page 14 of the Action Guide. Kevin Bacon, our World Hunger Pig is available to come to your congregation where kids can feed him with money for world hunger.*
- Publicize. Resources including a bulletin insert, social media ideas, poster and more are available at www.ELCA/40days. Share with others on social media using our own hashtag for this #NEISYKB.
- Get others involved! Go to www.ELCA.org/teamELCA and set up a team and page to encourage your members to get their family and friends to give to World Hunger during the 40 days of Giving.
It’s as simple as that to join 40 Days of Giving.
Do as much or as little as you like and tweak the plan to work in your context.
The Action Guide has more ideas, information and explanations on how to implement this.
Watch for our own #NEISYKB Synod Facebook group you can join and share ideas and progress.
*Learn more about Kevin Bacon: