The annual Lutheran Day on the Hill, sponsored by Lutheran Services in Iowa and the three Iowa ELCA synods, is set for Tuesday, March 14 in Des Moines.
Some 200 people will gather at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Des Moines to learn about critical issues facing Iowa children, adults and families. The group will head to the Iowa State Capitol for lunch and an afternoon to meet directly with legislators.
This year’s event will focus on three critical issues:
- Investing in a strong human services workforce
- Support for services that empower refugees and immigrants
- Support for Iowa’s mental health system
Complimentary charter buses will depart from several locations throughout Iowa in the morning with round-trip service to Lutheran Day on the Hill. In the Northeastern Iowa Synod:
- A bus will leave Waverly at 6:30 a.m. from the parking lot of the Hansen Spiritual Life Center on LSI’s Bremwood campus.
- The bus will arrive at 6:50 a.m. at door #6 of Nazareth Lutheran, Cedar Falls, to pick up additional passengers.
- The bus will depart the Capitol at 2:30 p.m. to return home.
There is no cost to participate in this event. Registration is open through Tuesday, March 7.
March 14, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa