As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society and the world.
Join a Human Trafficking Presentation on Jan. 11
The women of Big Canoe and Highland Lutheran Churches invite you to learn about human trafficking in Northeastern Iowa at a special presentation Wednesday, Jan. 11. Friends of the Family, the non-profit organization that assists victims of Human Trafficking in the Decorah area, will share what human trafficking is and ways that people can support victims and help prevent others from becoming victims.
The presentation will be at 2 p.m. at Big Canoe Lutheran, 1381 Big Canoe Rd, Decorah, with time for questions and answers, followed by refreshments. Free-will donations will be accepted to support Friends of the Family. The color of the day will be blue.
Please note: If Decorah school is cancelled or early out due to weather, the presentation will be cancelled.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
NEIA Women of the ELCA
A place for Women of the ELCA, especially in the Northeastern Iowa Synod, to share their stories.
LWR Ingatherings & Cluster Events
- April 15 – C/E/H LWR Ingathering, Redeemer, Waverly
- April 17 – LWR Ingathering, Southport Mall, Mason City
- April 22 – Upper Iowa Gathering, Big Canoe, Decorah
- April 23 – Little Flock Gathering, Elgin
- May 6 – Decorah LWR Ingathering, Olson Explosives
- Oct. 14 – C/E/H LWR Ingathering, Redeemer, Waverly
- Oct. 16 – LWR Ingathering, Southport Mall, Mason City
- March 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- May 6 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- June 16 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- June 17 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- September 19 @ 8:00 am - September 21 @ 5:00 pm
Good News Newsletters
Forms & Resources
Human Trafficking Resources
Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking and Slavery 0.00 KB 525 downloadsVolunteer organization devoted to ending human trafficking in all its forms …
The 34th annual synodical gathering of Women of the ELCA took place June 18 at St. John in Nashua and online via Zoom for those who chose not to attend […]
The 34th annual Gathering of the Northeastern Iowa Women of the ELCA is set for Saturday, June 18, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at St John Lutheran Church in Nashua […]
The annual synodical gathering of Women of the ELCA took place June 19 at St. Paul’s Lutheran in Waverly and online via Zoom for those who chose not to attend […]